Affordable land and a business-friendly approach make Lake County the ideal place to pursue business expansions across a wide range of industries from local, one-man shops, to multi-national corporations.
With its low cost of living and competitively priced land and commercial real estate, Lake County is an ideal destination to start or grow a business. Lake County offers comfortable living and an extremely affordable business environment, reflected in its low taxes, energy costs and access to travel and distribution networks, amongst others.
Lake County’s millage rate is one of the lowest in the region, making it appealing to existing and prospective business owners.
FLORIDA'S COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
- 4th best state in the U.S. for business tax climate (Tax Foundation, 2015)
- 2nd best state for business in the U.S. (Chief Executive Magazine)
Florida has NO:
- State income tax
- State level property tax
- Property tax on business inventories
- Sales and use tax on goods manufactured or produced in Florida for export
- Sales tax on manufacturing machinery and equipment
ORLANDO'S REGIONAL COMPETITIVENESS
- 2nd most competitive business location among large U.S. cities (KPMG, 2016)
- Top 10 cost of living out of 30 Most Populous Metropolitan Statistical Areas (2015 Council for Community Economic Research Estimate)